Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Drive Back


Yesterday we drove back and it was an emotional drive for me. Remembering and bitter sweet to return without our son in the car that we truly believed would be a survivor of HLHS and not a statistic. Yet, onward we drove. The boys did great. Aiden was not to sure about getting back into the car for another 6 hour drive today to get to the campsite. Gunnar and Brodie are very excited and ready to go. So onward we go to the great beyond. Blessings to all.

Terri

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still sending you love each and every day.

Anonymous said...

Terri,
We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers each day. You are such a strong, special person with a beautiful family.

Jennifer Pelkey
CP: MatthewPelkey

Anonymous said...

Terri and family,
I hope that your camping trip will be therapeutic and you will know that Corbin is watching over all of you now! It has to be hard to go back to Michigan knowing you aren't going to bring Corbin home, but at the same time it sounds like you had a wonderful relationship with many who cared for him while he was hospitalized. I have wonderful memories of my OHS experience from the hospital staff, especially Andre a wonderful nurse in the CICU my first night - he continued to visit me daily for the days I was in the hospital. There are still times that I want to go back and tell them how much their nurturing care meant to me while I was there.

May God bring you peace during your camping trip!

Heart hugs,
Traci

Corbin's Fun Run Store

CMG Heart Foundation Awareness Store