Thursday, July 27, 2006

Yesterday

Was probably one of my harder days yet. I received Corbin's medical records from his last two days. Yes, I did read them even though I probably should not have. It did not say anything I did not already know just that It crushed me to read such medical facts about my son who was dying at the time. It brought a lot of doubts that I had to the surface. Thankfully God sent a friend to call at just the right time.

Today I am better. I have a terrible migraine from crying so much yesterday. But realize that the truth is the truth. Nothing will change Corbin's death and nothing was done wrong. Just one of those things that you pray will never happen during surgery.

Tomorrow we have to pack! I need to pack for all four of us and the car so we can leave bright and early to go camping!! I love camping. When I say that I mean camping with electricity and running water! I am not a survivalist camper, nope I am a wimpy need the comforts of home camper. Some may say that is not true camping but I say it is. Any time you don't get to sleep in your own bed and have to use a shower house to bath it is camping!

Missing Corbin ever so much but knowing I will see him again.
Later,
Terri

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Terri,
We continue to think of you and your family each and everyday. Corbin has really affected our lives in a significant way. We have printed off a picture of him and placed in Matthew's scrapbook and I hope to tell Matthew all about his special "heart friend" Corbin one day.

I gave blood yesterday. I had not given blood in years and years until it was requested on carepages that it was one thing we all could do in Corbin's honor since he had needed so much at several points. It was April when the request was made and the next day I went to my principal (I am a teacher)and told him all about Corbin and asked if I may leave school during lunch to donate blood. It just so happened they were having a blood drive down the road that very day. My principal was so touched by Corbin's story and of course let me go. I thought of Corbin and prayed for him the entire time I was lying in the chair donating blood. It was the same way yesterday. I will always continue to donate blood every two months from now on and forever and will always think of sweet Corbin each and everytime.

I hope your camping trip will be therapeutic in a way for you and the boys. You are contstantly in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if there is anything we could do to honor Corbin in a special way.

Jennifer Pelkey
englysh@hotmail.com
Mom to Matthew - HRHS
CP: MatthewPelkey

Corbin's Fun Run Store

CMG Heart Foundation Awareness Store