Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Its Snowing!

Yeah its Snowing!!!! I love the snow. I love it that is until I am stuffing three little boys into their snowsuits and when I get the last one in the first one tells me he has to go to the bathroom! Then the rest of them do too and so we remove all the clothes and start all over again! No matter how many times we send them to the bathroom first it always happens that way!

Corbin is doing very well. He was placed back on oxygen full time. He just was not ready for the time off. In Gods timing we will come off the oxygen. We also had to take him off of Dairy products. We were making the switch to whole milk but he continued to show signs of distress that I did question but it was consistently pushed aside by the doctors. Finally when he started having large amounts of bloody stools did the Doctors agree that the first milk and dairy test must have been wrong and he is allergic. So we are back on Neocate once again.

We have finally made progress in the home health care delivery department. It has been a huge battle that we have finally found someone to help us. After calling our insurance agency and filing a formal complaint we received the necessary information on who to call (the department supervisor)to receive Corbin's oxygen. Preferably not at midnight as they have delivered in the past. We are finally receiving his monitor leads so we can accurately check his saturation's. We received a phone number where we can call to order his food, and g-tube supplies as they closed the department and FORGOT to disconnect the numbers and they were still taking orders over the voice mail. Yes, an entire department is closed and not one person wonders why they are not receiving calls from that area for over two months! Go figure!

Lattany is doing very well now. She is slowly beginning the weaning progress off the many breathing medications. She was able to attend part of church service yesterday, had lunch with us as well and attended Travis' birthday party. It was wonderful to see her up and about after her being so very ill.

Travis, I and the boys are going on vacation this week to Williamsburg. We are going to the indoor water park, the Great Wolf Lodge. We are looking forward to some down time where the older boys can really let loose and enjoy themselves. I have been catching up on my creative memory albums these past few weeks. I did not realize how hard of time it was for them when Corbin was so sick. I am glad that God allows us to forget these things, but looking back I realized how little they were especially Brodie. They really deserve this time to play and not worry. Gunnar and Aiden asked if Corbin would still be alive when it gets warm again. Would he be able to go to the pool again? I don't realize how hard this is on them at times. They are really great boys and never complain about all the attention that Corbin gets for his many needs. We are really blessed.

Every Monday I receive help from the most wonderful person. Jennyce, thank you so much for all you do for us. Today Jennyce helped administer Corbin's medications, helped hold him down while I did his blood test, we had to change his g-tube after realizing it was leaking all over him, fix lunch for the boys, made sure Corbin had his oxygen on as he traveled all over the house, made sure each boy was given individual attention by reading many stories to each of them, helped Gunnar with school, sorted out Brodie's clothes that fit and did not, helped me pack for our trip and do six loads of laundry. I am sure I missed some of what we did but just listing that exhausted me again! :) What would we do without you! You are our hero for serving us each week. We love you! I hope Jim and Johnny take good care of you when you get home. You deserve some pampering!

Thank you to all of you for your prayers and love for our family,
Terri and Family

No comments:

Corbin's Fun Run Store

CMG Heart Foundation Awareness Store